Transgendered Characters

Got ideas for plots you would like to see happen? Then post them here. We can finesse them and try to get them into play.
SyberJedi
Site Admin

Transgendered Characters

Post by SyberJedi »

As Pern fans know, homosexuality is common place and accepted on Pern, with none of the biases that homosexuals have in today's society. Most of us have characters that are homosexual or bisexual. However, there is one demographic that has been overlooked- transgendered characters. Moon and I would like to make it possible for members to have transgendered characters.
There are a couple of ways to get one-
1. Have a current character come out that they are, in fact, transgendered.
or
2. Create a character who is transgendered from the start.

These character qualify to be Candidates and Stand for Impression. Just because a character is transgendered does not mean that they will not Impress. Nor does it mean that they will Impress. They have the same chances as all other Candidate characters to Impress.
While transgendered characters qualify for Impression, there is one thing that has to be taken into account as to what color they will Impress- their gender at birth. So a transgendered male character (a character who is female at birth) is capable of Impressing Gold. A transgendered female character (a character who is male at birth) is capable of Impressing Bronze. A transgendered female can not Impress Gold. A transgendered male can not Impress Bronze. Sorry.

More to come.
"But Lord, during the hardest trials of my life, why was there only one set of footprints?"

"Because," said the Lord, "Sandpeople always ride single-file to hide their numbers." -unknown
KBear
Weyrling Master

Re: Transgendered Characters

Post by KBear »

OMGOODNESS... a Male Gold rider.... woooohoooooo!!! Can yo usee the look on another traditional Weyrs face when one lands? hahahahahaha....ME FIRSSSSTTTTTT....hahahahaha

Gotta love the ladies for thinking out of the box
Bladesong

Re: Transgendered Characters

Post by Bladesong »

My First thought was almost a star trek Data's response. But I find this Idea tantalizing to say the least. It's definitely something I intend to give some thought too

Return to “The Plotters' Corner”