Transportation

What we do have, and do not have in the ways of technology.
SyberJedi
Site Admin

Transportation

Post by SyberJedi »

Transportation on Pern remains low tech, at about the same level as it was at the time of the 9th Pass. Long distance transportation is handled by either trader trains, ocean going vessels, carts pulled by runners or beasts, or by dragon.
Dragons are the only way for the people of Pern to reach Dragonhold Station. Dragons are also the only way for offworld visitors to Pern to reach the surface of the planet.
"But Lord, during the hardest trials of my life, why was there only one set of footprints?"

"Because," said the Lord, "Sandpeople always ride single-file to hide their numbers." -unknown
SyberJedi
Site Admin

Re: Transportation

Post by SyberJedi »

There is now a shuttle available. However, it is only authorized to go from Dragonhold Station and the landing pad at Star Stone Weyr. It is for emergency purposes only. Dragons are still the best way to get to and from the Station, or around Pern.
"But Lord, during the hardest trials of my life, why was there only one set of footprints?"

"Because," said the Lord, "Sandpeople always ride single-file to hide their numbers." -unknown
Moon
Admin

Post by Moon »

What about developing steam power? It seems reasonable if we have escalators?
I will EDIT! :o
SyberJedi
Site Admin

Post by SyberJedi »

Only one problem- what would they burn to get the steam?

Moon
Admin

Post by Moon »

imported wood? coal which would be reasonable... or a type of stone. need to research that. There is also poop.
Moon
Admin

Post by Moon »

Ongoing communication between admins. Please press 1 for more options.

Return to “Tech of 10th Pass Pern”