Character Approvals

Moon
Admin

Character Approvals

Post by Moon »

Here's what's going on. We're going back to the two step approval method. Which means anyone can post an approval on a character, however I'm going to be reviewing every character submitted.

Here is what I look for and I think it's a good idea that everyone shares their what they look for as well.

Moon's Approval Requirements -

Originality
Plot
Characteristics
Balance (I will not approve PERFECT characters. I always look for flaws to make the character come to life.)
Canon to OUR forum. Yes, we have a canon here. We are set several hundred turns after Lessa and the others. We have an advanced technology and everyone is asked to keep that in mind. The old forum is still open if you need referrals.
Skills. We're integrating a skill set soon in which we'll be asking people to rank them accordingly and realisitcally.
We have the Silver Egg store for things you are not happy about or you can bargain with me for an Enid plot.

There are other things I look for but these are the most important. Take a look at other sheets, you'll find I waver on our guidelines for some things in favor of others. I will always try to be impartial and fair. If you think I'm out of line submit the reason and why you think so on the character. It's the only way we'll learn to work together.
I will EDIT! :o
Moon
Admin

Re: Character Approvals

Post by Moon »

BtW: If a character is accidentally deleted, you do not need to have it approved again. Just notify the admin so we can keep an eye on the character recreation.

I need to finish Caerwyn...
Moon
Admin

Post by Moon »

bump.
Moon
Admin

Post by Moon »

YOU MUST RESPOND TO THIS THREAD IN ORDER TO CONTINUE APPROVING CHARACTERS. THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. I WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO CRY FOUL BECAUSE THEY DID NOT AGREE. YOU WANT TO APPROVE CHARACTERS, YOU POST HERE.
SyberJedi
Site Admin

Post by SyberJedi »

I back Moon up on this 100%. I might own the board, but she calls the shots. As for what I look for, I look for the same things that Moon does.
"But Lord, during the hardest trials of my life, why was there only one set of footprints?"

"Because," said the Lord, "Sandpeople always ride single-file to hide their numbers." -unknown
Talen

Post by Talen »

It all sounds good to me.

I'm not as well thought out as moon. basically i look to make sure all the info is there and read it a couple times and see if i think the character will fit. If i really like the character i might made a comment on it. Such as ones i think will really made a difference or be very unique before i stamp my approval.
jackharper

Post by jackharper »

Sounds good. I don't think I've actu ally approved characters before, but now I have some guidelines to wor with.
Moon
Admin

Post by Moon »

Bump
SyberJedi
Site Admin

Post by SyberJedi »

Double Bump
"But Lord, during the hardest trials of my life, why was there only one set of footprints?"

"Because," said the Lord, "Sandpeople always ride single-file to hide their numbers." -unknown
ThessKitty

Post by ThessKitty »

Read and understood. I tend to like to offer a review of my thoughts on a character after a careful read through, even when everything is technically all up to par. I know I like constructive criticism on my characters so I can make them the best they can be. Hopefully this comes across as intended, which is an effort to be helpful, rather than annoying nitpicking.

Return to “Character Submissions”